Sunday, November 11, 2007

David Warlick Technology Summit

David Warlick came to talk to Jefferson County Public School personnel. I like the way he makes his presentation materials available online. No paper notes and handouts. One small problem for me was that we were not told that there would be a wireless connection available. I should have known, but the venue was the Arvada Center for the Arts, which I didn't think was wired. I didn't bring the notebook computer, although I sat next to the principal, who had brought hers.

The presentation was good, the venue was great, the wireless connection was too slow. I'm beginning to see a new etiquette among presenters. They make their work and their presentation materials available to the general public.

I was inspired to begin a blog on educational matters and thoughts after this random thought: As geeks must step out of their world to fully participate in life, the world of computers is emerging and we must step into that world to fully participate in education, eventhough it may at first seem a little "geeky" or awkward.

No comments: